Lions, with the support of Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF), are working to reduce the prevalence of diabetes and improve the lives of those living with diabetes.
- An estimated 463 million adults across the world are living with diabetes.
- By 2045, the number is expected to reach 700 million.
- 1 in 2 cases goes undiagnosed (232 million).
- 1 in 5 adults over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- There were 4.2 million deaths from diabetes in 2019.
We have a plan
We are involved with Strides for Diabetes. Strides events involves fun physical activity to promote diabetes awareness. Type 2 diabetes screening. These event are important way to help promote community understanding of risks, and taking steps to prevention. Support Groups. Encourages the exchange of support of all types of among community members living with diabetes. Camps: These are designed to help enhance the quality of life for young people living with diabetes by providing management skills. We have a long time partnership with City of Hope focused on finding a cure for Type 1 Diabetes.